Friday 25 October 2019

Mixed Results (1996) C90


Here's another DJ set put together by my friend Paul, then working as Blackcurrant 93 and raising the roof on a regular basis from what I recall. As with Fiery Bliss, it's something in the general direction of trance techno with a certain je ne sais quoi of acid, and I have no idea which records or even how many went into this particular blend - except The Odyssey by Odyssey 2000 (Exist Dance label, 1992) which is such a fucking cracker that I went out and bought one (or more likely Paul had a spare). It kicks in at around 12.50 and will be recognisable by samples of Cylons from Battlestar Galactica saying by your command; and it's a serious fuckin' tune, mate.

Also, the track which ends this set appears about halfway through Fiery Bliss, but other than that - no idea. As before I've taken the liberty of sewing the end of side one onto the beginning of side two using special computer magic, so hopefully the join is of sufficient seamlessness as to allow the listener to keep his or her buzz going if using this tape as an accompaniment to smoking ecstacy cigarettes and having it large.

Sorry about the Jive Bunny cover. I'm a child, I know.



Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment