Friday 7 October 2022

D. Burke Mahoney - Oneirataxia (2013) C46

 



I know I always say I don't know nuffink about this bloke, but this time I really don't know nuffink about this bloke. I gather that he may be Canadian, although admittedly I'm basing that entirely on mailing addresses for two of the labels which have issued his work. Poking around a bit, I notice that Untitled, an earlier release, can presently be found on Apple Music, Spotify, and Soundcloud; and there's a collaborative album on Bandcamp if that's of interest to any of you. The music, as you will hear if you download this thing, is something in the general vicinity of ambient drone, or possibly droning ambient, a genre I enjoy, but about which I struggle to find anything to say beyond whether I like it or not. For what it may be worth, I like this, and partially because it reminds me of recordings made by the late, great Andrew Cox, so please feel free to take that as a recommendation.
 

Tracks:

1 - Intrinsic Light (Eigenlicht)
2 - Holding Back / Pushing Ahead
3 - False Awakening
4 - Kekulé's Dream
5 - Continuum (Out There / In Here)
6 - Sleep Inertia (F)
 

Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment