Friday 14 October 2022

Allegory Chapel Ltd - Satanic Verses (1989) C60



Here's another one I'd never heard of and don't know anything about. Sorry. I'm therefore left with just the stuff that popped out of Richard's zip file to go on, which this week, is distinctly meaty and flavoursome, if you'll pardon the simile. Online investigation seems to suggest this was an early, more primitive effort from whichever man of the cloth occupied the pulpit of this parish, and there even seems to be some sneering in that direction; to which I say, bollocks. It sounds pretty fucking good to me and I've sat through a hell of a lot of this sort of thing, which is no idle claim given that I'm now ancient and should probably be listening to Sing Something Simple on Wireless 2. There's plenty of looping here, plenty of layered noise, and also plenty of other details you might not anticipate from something trading as Satanic Verses. Some bloke on Discogs called it death industrial, which seems fair and is less annoying (at least to me) than dark ambient. This also seems to be the one which was never reissued in any form, at least not that I've been able to track down, possibly being an earlier, more primitive effort - as already reported - but personally, I'd be proud of this one had I been involved. Definitely more powerful than watching Damien Hirst flushing his wallet down the bog.

Attentive readers may note that I've welded Trip Again (intro) from the end of side one and Trip Again, which takes up all of the second side, together into a single track. It just seemed to make more sense that way.
 

Tracks:

1 - A Glorious Ascension
2 - Confirmation
3 - Destruction in the Temple (the Rape of Kali)
4 - Trip Again

Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment