Friday 2 September 2022

AMK - Selected Montage Performances 1989 (1989) C60

 


Here's another one about which I don't know a whole lot, beyond it being the work of one Anthony Michael King, hence the name, formerly associated with Big City Orchestra and White Hand both of whom I remember from when I were a lad listening to Opera For Infantry on eight track whilst riding my chopper around the village green, much to the disapproval of John Craven. There seemed to be quite a bit of this sort of thing around at the time, as the eighties rolled over into the nineties, with the loops and the weird edits and the tape-fuckaboutery; but as you will hear from this set, AMK was one of the people who really nailed it (rather than just churning a million of these things out every month and expecting the rest of us to support it, not mentioning no names or nuffink), and this example is both weird and strangely beautiful.

I already tried to contact AMK to ask if it would be okay to share a different tape but heard nothing back. As it turns out, I wasn't actually able to open the files for that other tape, so never mind, but should he be reading and experiencing reservations about my giving this stuff away for free - please just let me know and I'll pull the plug, okay?

In the meantime, everybody else please feel free to support the artist directly by visiting his Bandcamp page here.

Tracks: 

1 - Montage Performances
2 - Touch
3 - Late
4 - Travels
5 - Hesitation
6 - Triana

Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment