Monday 31 December 2018

Adventures of Twizzle - Krafty Whank (1985) C60


Here's the last of my AOT tapes, potentially meaning their entire recorded works can be downloaded from this blog - unless they put out some tape I've never heard of, which I suppose is possible. I know about as much as you do where Kraft Whank is concerned as I believe we were no longer in touch by this point so I got the tape direct from Trev Ward. Jude of AOT later re-established contact, specifically writing a letter to Glenn Wallis to inform him that in allowing me to join Konstruktivists (as reported in the Empty Quarter) he had allowed an actual Nazi and former NF member into his band, for Jude didst know of my jackbooted ways from old. I was neither a Nazi nor ever a member of the NF - not even just a little bit - but it was all a PRANK you see, like in that Re/Search book. Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho - oh how we didn't fucking laugh. He was very apologetic once he realised that neither Glenn nor myself had spent any time rolling around on the floor, pounding our fists against the ground with the hilarity of it all, but I found it difficult to think of Jude as anything but a massive knob after that particular jolly jape. Anyway, I believe AOT split due to Paul and Jude falling out a little while after this was recorded. Can't imagine why.

Side-splitting accusations of Nazism aside, this is probably AOT's most accomplished tape, as you will hear - mostly instrumental but quite nice and moody, and it sounds like it might have been done on a four track or something, so that's nice.


Tracks:
1 - Flour and Eggs (cake mix)
2 - Hoopdemidymode Cremedepritch Boogie
3 - Haunted Swing Illusion
4 - Manna (Mini)
5 - Yov Kokosh
6 - Break
7 - Twonk

 

Return to Index

4 comments:

  1. Thank you a bunch for the complete discography ! This one is the best to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific -- I had this tape back then and I love it! Thank you so much for this and for all the other great music you post here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tape, specially the trakc called Yov Kokosh.

    ReplyDelete