Monday 16 March 2020

A Shadow of Light - Awaken (1986) C15


Larry Peterson gave me this, so far as I recall, and I don't really know anything about them beyond that which may be gleaned from the cover, which I'm sure you're quite capable of reading for yourself. This one was produced by Martin of Attrition, which makes sense as they sound like a mix of Attrition and the Cure to me, and when I say the Cure I mean Faith - so the good stuff and not any of that twee Tim Burton crap. Actually, Play Your Joker makes everything the Cure recorded which wasn't on Faith more or less redundant in my view. You may notice the name of the label being Art Decade. I used to have a fanzine of the same name dating from around the same time which looked like this:





I assume this would have been the work of the same people but have no way of checking as I flogged the thing on eBay about ten years ago. Never mind. I have a feeling the aforementioned Martin of Attrition may have been interviewed therein. As you'll notice from the cover, they also had a C30 on Terminal Kaleidoscope, which I assume was the one which Alan Rider mentioned as having produced, but I don't think even he has a copy of that one.

Sorry. Don't know anything else.


Tracks:
1 - We Awaken
2 - Play Your Joker
3 - The Ultimate

 
Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment