Friday 5 July 2019

Headmen - 1986 Demo Tape (1986) C30


Here's some more material excavated from the tapes to which they were copied, and reconstructed much like one of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. The Headmen sent me the first six tracks inviting me to pick something for the third Do Easy compilation tape - which never happened, in case you were wondering. I think I was going to use Resolution, so the bloke did a new mix and sent it to me along with something else he'd been working on, so those are the last two tracks here. He also sent the above page for the proposed booklet which would accompany the tape, but obviously didn't in the end.

...and that's about as much as I know. I didn't keep the bloke's letters (hard to believe but I don't actually hang onto everything) although I have a vague impression of his name being Richard Smith, or Richard something, or maybe John Smith, or somebody or other Smith, and possibly from Reading... maybe. There were tracks by the Headmen on a couple of volumes of Mindscan Tapes' UK Electronics series which I assume would have been the same operation, so maybe Rob Maycock would have an idea, assuming he's out there somewhere.

Shame I don't know more because I was quite impressed with how expensive this material sounded - far from the usual tapes of people's lawnmowers I was getting sent at the time. It's something in the general vicinity of Nagamatzu or early Attrition if you need further inducement.


Tracks:
1 - Resolution
2 - Snake Eyed
3 - The Magus
4 - Waiting
5 - City 7
6 - Glass
7 - Resolution (version)
8 - Untitled

 
Return to Index

3 comments:

  1. Hi lawrence . This post I cant acced to dropbox. Anyway your blog rules the counter culture in the universe. Bye , stefano from italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stefano - sorry about the failed link. I'm not sure what the problem could be as it seems fine on my PC. Anyone else having a problem?

      Delete
  2. Hi . Nevermind ... anyway I still cant open the dropbox page from your link .
    Maybe my phone .. see you next soon !!!

    ReplyDelete