Monday 25 June 2018

Human Trapped Rhythms - And to Z (1984) C60


There's a chance you may remember Human Trapped Rhythms from their (or, I suppose, his) album, Drowning and Falling in You. If not, then I already wrote as much as I know in this review, so it might be worth having a look at that because I can't be arsed to write it all out again. If you regularly follow this blog, there's also a chance you will have encountered HTR on the Moraals compilation.
 
Anyway, this was the tape which came out before either the album or the Do Easy compilation, and which was later issued on Anal Probe. My copy was from when Peter himself was sending them out to people, and there's also a booklet of artwork illustrating each track, so I've scanned that and it comes with the download.

I'm not sure there's much more I can say about this tape. I hadn't listened to either it or the album in a couple of decades due to a long period of finding myself less than settled, so - as with a few things - this has been a little like listening to something for the first time, for me. I remember that I always thought Human Trapped Rhythms sounded interesting but a little too minimal for their own good, but I think I've finally begun to appreciate where the guy was coming from. This is some really quiet, powerful music, and it isn't really quite like anything else - so give it a few listens and a chance to settle in.


Tracks:
1 - The Being
2 - Tunnel Vision
3 - Tomorrow's Lie
4 - Rise to Power
5 - Hero Worship
6 - Time Lines II
7 - But Feeling
8 - The Figure
9 - Burn Body
10 - Sex-Sake
11 - The Eternal Becoming
12 - Bastard Dance


Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment