Tuesday 6 August 2024

Konstruktivists - Psykho-Genetika III (1985) C60



Not to be directly confused with the classic Psykho-Genetika, initially released on Third Mind back in the day and frankly one of the greatest albums to come out of industrial music Wild Planet this whole thing whatever it was; or indeed confused with Psykho-Genetika II, originally released on tape by Harsh Reality Music, although I'm sure there's some crosstalk. Glenn gave me this tape back in the eighties, one of many he habitually made for whoever happened to be around or had written him a letter, often unique or featuring variant mixes. It was hard to keep track. I was in Konstruktivists for a while and by the time I left I had a stack of these (and still have, for what it may be worth), not all of them with anything written on the inlay. I'm assuming I myself wrote Psykho-Genetika II on the inlay during a flurry of organisation, having assumed it was probably the Harsh Reality tape, which I now realise it isn't; and Psykho-Genetika III is my own title of convenience for the sake of calling it something. The track titles are Glenn's handwriting, and that written down the spine is mine.

Anyway, who cares? As you will hear, it's good stuff - some which was tarted up at IPS Studio and which appeared on Psykho-Genetika, early versions of a few things which were on Black December, and other tracks which may or may not be exclusive to this tape. More of this sort of thing to come when my PC has stopped being a dick.
 

Tracks:

1 - PTI
2 - Rouge March
3 - Free Form Fetish
4 - Congo
5 - Wahn
6 - Viviola
7 - See You
8 - Bass 1
9 - Bass 2
10 - Mansonik Drop 1
11 - Mansonik Drop 2
12 - Heldon
13 - East Bank
14 - Karim
15 - Lylah
16 - Death-Trip
17 - Sign-Out

Return to Index

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, yhank you. I'm a big fan of Konstruktivists and I have almost all their releases, but I never heard of this one. If you have, more unknown material from them, please share.
    All the best.
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do though it may take me a couple of months, so maybe check back then. I have about 40 tapes to go through, about half are most likely material which has been released but I'm not sure about the rest. Good to hear from you!

      Delete