Monday, 12 December 2016

We Be Echo - Radio Werkz II (1985) C30


This is the last of my three tapes of obscure We Be Echo material, the first two being Psychick Kontakt Specials and Various Obscure Recordings - so feel free to refer to the write-ups for those two so that I can avoid further repeating myself about who they were and how I came to have these cassettes. This cassette actually duplicates all but one track from Psychick Kontakt Specials, but they appear in this upload as individual cuts rather than being embedded within the radio broadcast of a man who clearly could have used a coffee. I haven't bothered scanning the cover as it's a generic inlay card filled in with my own handwriting, and I'm not even sure why this should be named Radio Werkz II (aside from the obvious detail of this stuff having been broadcast on and presumably recorded for New Zealand Radio). I have a vague memory of there being a Radio Werkz I put out by the Mystery Hearsay label, but it doesn't seem to be listed on Discogs, or anywhere else so far as I can see, so maybe I imagined that.

Anyway, it turns out that Kevin is still very much at it, so the answers ye may seek shalt perchance be foundeth yonder at webeecho.com.


Tracks:
1 - Never Mind
2 - Beat of the Drum
3 - Fly with the Wind
4 - Straighten Your Knees
5 - In the Beginning
6 - No No
7 - The Greatest Lover
8 - Hide and Seek


Return to Index

No comments:

Post a Comment